List down your Proposed Business Name
Unique business name is as very important to some owners for the success of their business. A good name recall of business name really helps a lot to any type of business or industry thus most generic name or words are the most widely used names.
As I am registering my own business name for a brokerage business is quite frustrating (not with the DTI staff but with limitation to get preferred business name) likewise to other applicants at the day of registration. As the registration staff explained, there are millions of businesses registered nationwide and it should not be the same on the records, and accordingly with the below requirements.
Business Name that are NOT registrable are:
- Names or abbreviation of a name of any nation, intergovernmental or international organization (e.g Philippine Manpower Pooling Agency, UNESCO Marketing)
And for my real estate brokerage business, names like Rome Land Realty, Rhome Realty are not allowed likewise other generic names such Quality Homes Realty, Best Properties Realty and others.
Requirements in registering a Business Name
- Two copies of completely filled up application forms signed by the owner. Note that only the owner is authorized to sign the application form.
- The forms are available at all DTI Offices. It may also be downloaded from the DTI-NCR (www.dtincr.ph) or DTI-BNRS (www.bnrs.dti.gov.ph) websites.
Per DTI Department Administrative Order No. 10-10, series of 2010, starting 03 January 2011, the following registration fees for every application for registration of BUSINESS NAME (original and renewal) depending on the territorial jurisdiction covered in the application are as follows:
Barangay PHP 200.00
City/Municipality PHP 500.00
Regional PHP 1,000.00
National PHP 2,000.00
Presentation of original copy of one photo-bearing national issued Identification Document (ID) with signature.
Foreign applicants must present the original and submit clear certified copy of the Certificate of Authority to Engage in Business in the Philippines.
Purely over the counter - Registration can be done at any DTI Field Office. Here in NCR, DTI-NCR has four Area offices.
- Area 2 - Penthouse Level, Goodland Building, 377 Sen. Gil J. Puyat Avenue (Buendia) Makati City, (near DTI International Building)
- Area 3 - G/F Highway 54 Plaza, EDSA, (Across SM Megamall) Mandaluyong City
- Area 4 - 5/F Araneta Square Mall, Monumento Circle, Kaloocan City
Finally, I got our realty name JFMorada Realty, from my name.
Are you now ready for your Business Name Registration? From registration window to payment and printing section would take around 15 minutes or more depending on the availability of your listed business name and internet connection of their system and the number of people waiting in line for the registration of their business.
Make sure every details like spelling are correct and territorial jurisdiction is right. Incorrect spelling or a mistake in territorial jurisdiction may no longer be allowed for correction and may require you to register a new name.
As the DTI staff said, generic names are only allowed for business name registration of a corporation under Securities and Exchange Commision.
Thanks for viewing, please share if your find it useful.